iNNOVATION & eNTREPRENUERSHIP
Innovation that excites
As an entrepreneur, you constantly need to come up with not only new ways to innovate, but also consistently execute ideas and business plans. In this special study programme, you’ll dedicate equal time to understanding foundational business concepts, and designing disruptive new approaches.
You’ll get an in-depth look into the makings of a successful product, business or brand, and how to plan and build all three. You’ll gain a good understanding of marketing, so you’ll know how to sell your services to potential customers, and how to scale up to cater to a growing audience.
One of the key aspects of this MBA specialisation is the concept of “entrepreneurship ecosystems”: the complex network in which new business ideas are created and nurtured. Understand the role they play in today’s economy, and the different elements you have to take into consideration when operating within them.
To round up your skills, you’ll also explore the foundations of design thinking: what to take into consideration when designing a product, service or brand for the digital era. By the end of your studies, you’ll be able to develop your business ideas with confidence and clarity.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
Operations and Information Management
Innovation and Design Lab
Capstone Project Thesis & Defence
You can start your desired study programme at IU International University of Applied Sciences if you meet the requirements.
The admissions documents must be provided in English or German, if they were not issued in one of these two languages, a translation is required. If you need to translate your documents, we can help refer you to our trusted translation partners. You can find more details here.
- Completed, undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS
- Your degree must be from a state or state-recognised higher education institution/university
- You must have achieved a final grade of at least “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent in your previous undergraduate degree
- Proof of at least one year’s professional work experience completed prior to the start of study programme. Work experience must have been gained after completion of your undergraduate studies
Start your online degree with our Scholarship Programme and receive a scholarship up to 75%.
This also helps you get started as a participant with immediate access to 50% of your courses even when you don’t meet the full ECTS requirements yet. If you are lacking ECTS credits from your previous studies, you can demonstrate professional work experience instead.
- To start a 90-ECTS MBA, you need a minimum of 180 ECTS from your previous studies and one year of work experience. You need to provide proof of an additional year of work experience until the end of your programme. Alternatively, if you have already 210 or 240 ECTS upfront, then only one year of work experience is required.
- To start a 60-ECTS MBA (One-Year MBA), you need a minimum of 210 ECTS from your previous studies and one year of work experience. You need to provide proof of an additional year of work experience until the end of your programme. Alternatively, if you have already 240 ECTS upfront, then only one year of work experience is required. Applicants with only 180 ECTS cannot be registered for a One-Year MBA program.
Once all admissions documents are provided and any relevant admissions courses are complete, you can move forward and finish your degree.
Questions? Speak to one of our study advisors, they will guide you through every step of the process.
- Proof of at least one year’s qualified work experience completed prior to the start of the study programme (the work experience must be gained after the completion of your undergraduate studies).
- Undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS: you will have to provide a proof of a second year of qualified work experience at the end of the MBA programme, before graduation
- Undergraduate degree with 210 ECTS: you will have to provide a proof of a second year of qualified work experience at the end of the MBA programme, before graduation
- Undergraduate degree with 240 ECTS: you will have to provide a proof of only one year of work experience at the start of the MBA programme.
- You can provide us a translation of your employment contract and your pay slip or you can ask your company to fill out this form in English, sign it, apply the company stamp and send it to us: